Club Book showcases a diversity much like you’d find in library stacks – from New York Times bestselling novelists, to local historians and memoirists, and just about everything in between. Please see our History page for a comprehensive list of Club Book events to date. If you are a publicist, agent, or publisher rep looking to place an author at an Upper Midwest venue for an upcoming book tour, lecture series, etc., Club Book might be just your ticket.
Events take place in libraries or auditoriums with 100 to 1,000+ person capacities. All events are free and open to the public (no tickets or pre-registration necessary), so equal access to all readers is ensured.
Club Book offers a publicity and sales package comparable in size and scope to the series itself.
- Radio spots and online event promotion from Minnesota Public Radio and MinnPost, Club Book’s official media sponsors.
- Print collateral materials (including ~16,000 brochures and bookmarks ), distributed throughout the Twin Cities metro by MELSA (Metropolitan Area Library Service Agency). Seasonal brochures and other materials ultimately make it to all 103 public library facilities in the greater metro.
- Press releases to local and regional news outlets in advance of each season and event.
- This website, dedicated to promoting Club Book events – and to making available podcast recordings of each event for book lovers in the future.
- Regular e-newsletters to Club Book subscribers.
- Extensive social media promotions through Facebook and Twitter.
Representatives from local, independent, and New York Times-reporting booksellers are on hand at each Club Book event to sell the featured author’s titles. The Twin Cities is blessed with a number of top-notch book stores that fit this bill. Common Good Books is our bookseller lead. Where they exist, however, Club Book “opts in” to preexisting partnerships between the nine participating library systems and local booksellers.